A Carrot Cake is a kind of cake that uses fresh grated carrots as the main ingredient. I have actually made this cake during my boss, Mr. Kumar’s birthday, last year. He liked it very much because he is a vegetarian.
Well, this is a good moist kind of cake that is ideal for many occasions because other than the basic ingredients like flour, sugar, eggs, baking soda, and baking powder, the hefty amount of carrots soften when baked and added more moisture, aroma, and flavor. To give this cake a distinct texture, I mixed walnuts, cashew nuts, and raisins that give this cake a richer flavor that really goes well with the cream cheese frosting.
So, if you are thinking of making a not-so-ordinary cake flavor for special celebration, I suggest you have to try this recipe. It will be a nice dessert for the whole family and for sure you will consider putting it on your cake recipe list.
I know you will enjoy eating every bit of this cake as well as having fun in the baking process.
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 pcs raw eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup toasted cashew nuts
- ½ cup raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Baking the cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 2 pieces of 8 inches baking pan with baking / cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl than whisk until everything is properly distributed
- Beat the eggs using an electric mixer in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the granulated and light brown sugar then continue mixing until fully blended.
- Add the vegetable oil, fresh milk, and vanilla extract then continue mixing until texture becomes smooth.
- Put-in the flour-baking soda-cinnamon-baking powder-salt mixture then continue mixing using low speed.
- Fold-in the carrots, walnuts, cashew nuts, and raisins.
- Pour the batter on a cake pan with shaped wax paper
- Bake the batter for 35 to 50 minutes (you know that the cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down.
Make the frosting
- Beat the cream cheese using an electric mixer.
- Add-in the butter and vanilla extract then continue mixing until the mixture is well blended
- Add the confectioner sugar then mix until texture becomes smooth and set aside.
Assemble and Decorate the Cake
- Place the first cake on a flat surface and apply frosting on the top part spreading it evenly
- Place the second cake on top of the first cake and align properly
- Apply the remaining frosting on top and on the sides of the cake.
- Color the cream cheese frosting with orange liquid gel.
- Fill in the piping bag with attached tip # 12 with the frosting and make the tiny carrot around the cake top.
- Color the cream cheese frosting with leaf green liquid gel.
- Use icing tip # 366 for creating the leaves.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour then serve.
- Share and enjoy!
This is another cake recipe shared to you by HAPPY BAKER DELIGHTS. Please like my page in facebook to get wonderful baking tips and delicious cake recipes.
Lots of LOVE,
Riah – the Lady behind HAPPY BAKER DELIGHTS 🙂