Christmas time will definitely take a good proportion of our budget. Yes, because it is a season of buying gifts, setting up Christmas trees, decorating our homes with Christmas stuffs, and cooking of luscious meals for family reunions and social gatherings.
But to keep myself caught in the situation of getting into financial shortage, I set aside a justifiable portion of money from my income several months before December. I make plans ahead of time to ensure that everything will be convenient and we will be happy to celebrate the season without any worries. One of the ways to keep myself within the budget is to cook meals that are healthy and inexpensive, make personalized gifts, and above all, create Christmas stuffs out of recycled materials. With just a bit of creativity and imagination, I can turn something old and dull into a magnificent piece of art.
So this year, I designed a Christmas Wine Bottles which are placed on table corners in our living room. It’s personal artwork that can easy to make and will surely accentuate your home decorations.
To start, gather the following materials:
3 pieces of wine bottles (of different shapes and sizes)
Christmas balls (of different colors)
Metallic foil ( I used the aluminum foil for baking and cooking)
Glue stick gun
In designing the Christmas Wine Bottles, follow the steps below:
1. Clean all the bottles by removing the labels using soap and water then let them dry.
2. Cut a piece of metallic foil according to the height and width of the bottle.
3. Crumpled the metallic foil to create a rippled-like effect and gently iron out.
4. Wrap the body of the bottle with the metallic foil. Starting from the neck and provide an extra portion for the bottom to fold in. Then continue wrapping the neck portion until the bottle is completely covered.
5. Seal the ends of the metallic fold with scatch tape.
6. Press the metallic foil against the bottle to reflect the shape and remove crammed portions.
7. Attached the colorful ribbons around the neck of the bottle and tied up to create a ribbon.
8. Fixed the colorful balls in between the ribbons to highlight the design.
9. Repeat process 2 to 8 for the second bottle.
10. The third bottle should be something of different design, so ignite the creativeness within you to make your own style.
11. For me, I tied up the ribbon on the bottle.
12. Carefully glued the pieces of materials into a collage form.
13. Finally, put the bottles in a place that can be easily seen by your guests and families and will beautify your home.