During the Eid Al Adha, we were so lucky that the government declared a 9-day holiday break for the celebration. Just imagine 9 long days! It was from the 3rd of October up to the 11th. And as a normal way of relaxation, my family and I travelled to the southern portion of Oman to see the sinkhole, have a day picnic in the park, and swim in the nearby beach. But before the holiday ended, I got a chance to bake my very own No-bake Choco Cherry Cheesecake.. And just look at it…so tempting, right??
Basically, to have this choco-flavored cheesecake, I added chocolate powder to the crushed digestive biscuits. Then, I also used the chocolate flavored powder for the whipped cream. I also added dissolved gelatin powder to keep the cheesecake stabilized for some hours after taking out from the refrigerator. So, if you like to make this at home, this is your chance because I am sharing to you now my very own recipe. All you need are the following ingredients:
Graham Cracker Crust / Digestive Crust
1 ½ cup (150 grams) graham cracker crumbs or digestive biscuits (crushed)
2 tablespoon (30 grams) caster sugar
2 tablespoon of chocolate powder (preferably Hershey powder)
6 tablespoon (85 grams) unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp of gelatin powder
3 tbsp of hot water
8oz (227 grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup (50 grams) granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream (contains 36-40% butterfat) or you can use 2 sachets of ready-to-mix whipped cream powder (preferably the choco flavor)
21 ounce (595 grams) can of cherry pie filling
Graham/ Digestive Crust
- Crushed the biscuits by using an electric blender or manually crust with mortar and pistel.
- In a large bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, chocolate powder, sugar, and melted butter.
- Press onto the bottom of a well-greased 8-9 inches (20-23cm) pan with removable bottom.
- A springform can also be used as an alternative. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and about one inch (2.5cm) up the sides of the pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place the covered pan in the refrigerator to chill while making the filling.
Cheesecake Filling and Cherry Topping
- In a clear bowl, dissolved the gelatin with the hot water and set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and no lumps found.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate clean bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the melted gelatin mixture while continuously beating the whipped cream.
- Gradually fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in the Hershey white choco chips
- Pour the filling over the chilled graham cracker / digestive biscuits crust and smooth the top.
- Cover and placed in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Spread the cherry / blueberry pie filling over the cheesecake filling.
- Return to the refrigerator to chill for several hours , or even overnight.
Truly a simple-easy-to-make-delicious-cheesecake to devour while still cold. Hope you like this post. Thank you for reading. catch you soon! Lots of Love, Riah – the lady behind Happy Baker Delights 🙂