I just returned from a weekend escape in Oman and was so happy to check my blog that I’ve have been nominated by TRS of “The Retiring Sort”. Thank you so much TRS for this welcoming surprise! Here’s my big hug and loads of kisses to you.
Yehey! It is indeed a wonderful gift I found in “my stockings” in time for my blog’s first anniversary and for this holiday season too.
For those who may not know, the Liebster Award is an award given to blogs that have less than 200 followers as a way to show encouragement and appreciation to fellow bloggers, as well as to spread the word about new blogs.
So, I will take this award and share it with eleven other lovely bloggers around. The conditions of accepting the award are as follows:
A. You can paste the award picture in to your blog
Here’s the picture
B. You must post 11 random facts about yourself.
- I am the eldest among the three siblings. But I look like the youngest of them all
- I love dancing. Way back in HS I joined a Dance Troupe because I enjoy formulating steps with a beat. The exciting part is that I can
visit other places just to perform.
- I love singing. Maybe because the talent was passed on from generations to generations. My Papa is a good singer and so with his siblings. But to prove my talent, I joined a singing competition in elementary and won the second place. But seriously, I am a member of a church choir where we sing during 5AM mass.
- I love traveling. This can be proven with the photos I kept in my album and folders.
- I love the beach. Back in my early childhood days, I used to spend summer vacation in my dad’s hometown. Gosh I can stay the whole day near the beach, trying to catch crabs, find shells, and do anything that is fun under the sun.
- I love art and craft. That’s the reason why I collected things and turn them into something new and creative. Even at home, I used to come up with different styles and decoration.
- Food is my fascination. I’ve tried cooking when I was age seven. But really my passion for food started in High School when i took up Home Economics class. I even won second place with my “AROZCALDO” version.
- I’ve never smoked. It’s disgusting and the smell kills me. It’s like you’re pumping tons of carcinogen in your body.
- I don’t really like drinking alcohol. I can only tolerate 2 alcoholic drinks at most then I start laughing and morphing into a starlet.
- I hate clutter. Before I do something particularly stressful, like study for an exam or make a report, I clean up my desk, the house and the kitchen if I have to just to feel a sense of order and accomplishment. Does this fit in the DSM criteria for Obsessive-compulsive disorder?
- My definition of make-up is lipstick and lip gloss. That’s why I carry a two-in-one set.
C. You have to answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Why did you start blogging? – simply to dump my “brain overloads” or a way to sustain my love for blogging and writing stories.
- Have your blogging goals changed? – Yes, definitely. At first I just want to blog to share stories to anyone but right now, I want to establish a circle of friends in the blogsphere.
- What’s your favorite thing about the blogosphere? – blogger’s travel experiences.
- Who’s been the most influential person in your life so far? – my mother, whom until now I sought her advices especially on kids and family matters.
- What do you think is your greatest strength? – the capacity to understand
- What do others think is your greatest strength? – being optimistic
- What’s your favorite book? – Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday
- Where do you want to be in ten years? – still working abroad and exploring the world.
- How do you relax? – listening to love songs or travelling around.
- What’s your favorite comfort food? Chocolate and Ice Cream
- Describe yourself in three words. Helpful, Friendly, and Cheerful..i guess
D. You have to write 11 new questions directed to your nominees.
- What one thing you miss about being a kid?
- If you could go into any fictional world, which one would you choose?
- What is the most number of blankets you’ve ever had on your bed?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- If you were given $1,000,000 to give to a cause, which cause would it be?
- What’s your favorite scripture?
- What makes you smile?
- Who is a person that you admire and why?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If you could change one thing about anything what would it be?
- What are you most thankful for at this moment?
E. Pass the award on to 11 other bloggers while making sure that you notify the blogger that you nominated them.
For this holiday season, I will also share the spirit of merry making and sharing. So, I want to extend this award to other fellow bloggers below.
1.) This Little Creature
3.) Artistic Milestone
4.) Janaline’s World Journey
5.) A Thoughtful Paper
6.) IT Teaching and Learning
7.) A Nomad in the Land of Nizwa
8.) Nizy’s Life Compedium
9.) Mother Morgan
11.) Indira at Banjara
Let us all continue to blog and spread the love!