- 1 2/3 C all-purpose flour
- 2/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 1/2 C white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t coffee extract (This is optional. I just threw it in to add a little depth of flavor. Coffee extract is a handy thing to have around.)
- 1 1/2 C buttermilk
How to bake the cupcakes
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and extracts.
- Beat in flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk, until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 F for twenty minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when touched.
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche, or sour cream
How to make the frosting
- Sift together sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Reduce speed to medium-low; gradually add sugar-cocoa mixture, and beat until combined.
- Pour in chocolate in a slow, steady stream.
- Add creme fraiche/ sour cream
- Beat until combined.
This is another “cupcake recipe” shared to you by HAPPY BAKER DELIGHTS.
Lots of Love,
Riah – the Lady behind HAPPY BAKER DELIGHTS 🙂
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)