I have plenty of empty egg trays in my kitchen after I use a lot of eggs for baking pastries and cakes. Apart from that we also consume more than 24 bottles of 1.5 liter mineral water every week since tap water in Oman is not ideal for drinking. These all add up to the garbage we dispose each day.
Well, I was thinking a better way to use up again or recycle these plastic trays and bottles as pastry containers.
Viola! An amazing idea is to use them for the coconut macaroons which I usually give to my love ones and friends as a present during special occasions like birthdays or holidays.
So friends, here is something frugal yet creative artwork that I want to share to you -> a Pastry Container made from an Empty Egg Tray and Empty Plastic Bottle.
I carefully wash all the egg trays and bottles with soap and warm water. Then and let them air dry. Have the surface wipe with a clean towel to remove the residue.
For the egg tray:
1. Gather colorful ribbons or vintage laces for decoration.
2. Place the coconut macaroons on each molded cushion.
3. Cover the tray with plastic cling / film wrap.
4. Tie up ribbons to make a creative gift presentation.
5. You can stick special note before giving the homemade gift to your special someone.
For the empty water bottles:
1. Gather two empty bottles of the same size.
2. For the first bottle, cut off the plastic from neck of the bottle, leaving about ¾ of the bottle space for the pastry.
3. For the second bottle, cut a portion from the bottom of the bottle, about 1/16 because it will be used to cap the container.
4. Carefully place the pastry or macaroons inside the first bottle.
5. Replace the second bottle as the top cap.
6. Tie up with colorful strings / laces as a creative decoration.
You see, it is a simple do-it-yourself plastic container that you can also use for other homemade pastries like chocolates, cookies, and candies. With a little creativity and imagination then this personal gift will surely warm the heart of your love ones.
Go green and let’s recycle to make the world a better place!