Savor the moist-creamy-fluffy goodness of these cakes in a cup while sipping your hot coffee and tea.
But you can make these sweet creations on your own because I am sharing to you the cupcake and frosting recipe here. All you have to do is head off to the grocery section and buy the ingredients listed below:
Red Velvet Cupcakes Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter (half a cup), unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine fresh milk and vinegar. Mix well. Set aside.
- Arrange the paper cups in 2 cupcake trays. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter until the texture becomes smooth. Put-in the sugar while continuously beating. Do this until the texture becomes cottony. Put-in the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until it mixes well with the other ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine the milk and vinegar mixture with the food coloring. Mix well. Set aside.
- Combine the flour and baking soda. Mix well.
- Put-in about a few tablespoons of the cake flour mixture followed by a few tablespoons of the milk and food coloring mixture on the bowl of the butter mixture while beating. Continue this process until all the flour and food coloring mixture is used up.
- Pour the mixture equally on the paper cups. Bake for 16 to 22 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test
- Let the cupcakes cool down by placing each in a wire rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream the butter using an electric mixer.
- Add the cream cheese and then continue mixing until the texture is smooth.
- Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar while beating and then pour-in the vanilla extract.
- Continue whisking until the texture becomes fluffy.
- Apply the cream cheese on top of the cupcakes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is another “cupcake recipe” shared to you by HAPPY BAKER DELIGHTS.
Lots of Love,
Riah – the lady behind HAPPY BAKER DELIGHTS 🙂