A banana is another healthy ingredient to any pastries especially cakes. In fact, baking with bananas is a great way to use up over-ripe bananas – and to get something delicious to eat too! That’s why I don’t throw away overripe bananas instead I keep them in a plastic container and store in the fridge. The overripe it is the sweetness your pastries will be. These banana choco chip muffins have a wonderful banana fruity flavor and are studded with little pieces of Hershey chocolate.
I call this recipe the most requested Banana Choco Chip Muffins mainly because it is the best seller among my flavored muffins. Some of clients told me, that they taste as the ones sold in Starbucks or Costa coffee. Upon knowing this, I’m tickled pink!
Actually for me, this is the easiest recipe to follow and make the most DELICIOUS banana choco chip muffin in the world! Don’t go past it as you won’t be disappointed or will your family. There’s no need of creaming butter and sugar. You simply add your wet ingredients to your drys, bake from 15 – 20 minutes then TADDAH! Yummy treats!
Certainly, while most muffins are at their best pretty well straight out of the oven, the bananas in the mixture make sure these muffins stay wonderfully moist for at least 3 days. They might last longer but once these beauties are served they’ll be eaten by then!
What are you waiting for? Head off to your kitchen and start baking these goodily-delicious sweeties!
First, let’s make the streusel. You will need:
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of melted sugar
Simply mixed the ingredients until it become crumbled texture. Set aside.
Now, let’s bake the MUFFINS.
What you will need:
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
How to bake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line baking muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- Ground the sesame seeds with an electric blender.
- Mash the bananas using a fork and set aside.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking soda together in a separate bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter, sesame seeds, vanilla, and eggs together in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Mix the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, into the wet sugar mixture until fully incorporated and batter is stiff.
- Beat bananas into batter with an electric mixer on low.
- Fold chocolate chips into batter.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Sprinkled the prepared streusel on top of the filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool in the tins for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
I normally make these muffins as a sweet weekend treat especially for breakfast or snack. Because there is cinnamon in the streusel, I warm the muffins in the oven. Oh boy! The aroma is so tempting and they perfectly matched-in-heaven with hot drinks like coffee or tea!
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Come back again.
Lots of LOVE,
Riah – The Happy Baker 🙂