Yas Waterworld is the most amazing water park in Abu Dhabi that offers unlimited adventure and nonstop thrills. The place has more slides, rides, and attractions than any other park in the Middle East.
We went to the water theme park on May 30, 2014. It is one of the main attractions in Yas Island which is just opposite to Ferrari World and the entertainment center. Spread over 15 hectares, the waterpark features a thrilling range of 45 rides, slides, and attractions. Four rides are conidered one-of-a-kind that have never been seen in a waterpark.
The ticket fee for children and guest below 1.1m is 195AED while for adults and guest above 1.1m is 240AED. Good thing our friends from AUH have entertainer voucher so we pay only half of the price.
According to the Yas Waterworld website,
“Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi’s theme is based on a legend that represents local Emirati culture and heritage. Visitors will be able to enjoy attractions that follow the adventures of the waterpark’s main character Dana – a young Emirati girl in search of a legendary pearl that brought prosperity to her village. Building on the legend, the park will have a unique pearl diving attraction that showcases the role pearl diving played in the UAE’s rich history.”
Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi on Yas Island is developed by Aldar Properties and will be operated by Farah Leisure Parks Management LLC.
We tried the Falcon Ride but sad to say I don’t have photos with this ride. 🙁
There is the Al Raha River or the Lazy River that allows us to cruise around the water park.
Bandit Bomber Ride take us to a new level of fun and excitement. It is actually the longest suspended roller coaster in the Middle East at 550 metres long!
We are able to spin through the tunnels of our Serpent Complex fitted with special effects, lasers, lights and sounds!
If you want to know how to get to the theme park here are the instructions from the website:
Visiting from Abu Dhabi (via Corniche Road)
- Leave Abu Dhabi Island and get onto Corniche Road
- Follow Signs for Port Zayed Main Gate / Sheikh Zayed Street
- Follow signs to Yas Island, continuing to do so on E12
- Exit Yas Island West Follow signs for Yas Leisure Drive
- Stay right, continuing to follow signs for Yas Leisure Drive
- Look out for the Yas Waterworld Sign
- Turn left at signal into Yas Waterworld Coordinates via GPS: 24.49019,54.593655
Road trip to Yas WaterWorld from Dubai
- Proceed on the E11 Highway, Sheikh Zayed Road
- Ensure you are on Sheikh Zayed Road South and you are heading toward Abu Dhabi
- Continue towards Abu Dhabi, then follow signs to Yas Island, take Yas Island Westexit (left hand lane)
- Keep straight on the road until you see Yas Island West exit
- Take the exit and at the traffic signal make a left
- Keep straight and at the second traffic signal turn left into Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi
- Coordinates via GPS: 24.49019,54.593655
Our full day experience was totally incredible because we felt like we were little kids running, sliding, shouting, screaming, and laughing with each other.
And our kids have also the wonderful time of their life.
Thank you to our loving and generous friends for the entertainer vouchers because we were able to get a super discounted price for the ticket. With that, I wanna go back here again soon! Woohhoooo..
Come back soon for more family adventures!
Lots of Love,
Riah – the blissful wife and mom